Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Soda Water Scones

 
 
 
I know that Lemonade scones are more common but I like to try and eliminate as much sugar as I can when cooking. I like to play around with recipes trying to make them a little more guilt free.
I have had many failures in my cooking when trying to eliminate the common cooking ingredients such as eggs, dairy products and sugar. As I have never been shown how to cook, it isn’t that easy when first starting out but over the past four years I have made a conscious effort to teach myself how to cook. Cooking is now a massive part of my life and I love getting in the kitchen. I dream about having a massive kitchen one day......but for now I make do with what I have.
Now don’t be scared to have a play around and if something doesn’t turn out, just try again.  There is no harm in trying and it will only make the next dish or cake better and tastier, well here is hoping.



I have been playing around with Soda Water Scones and I am now happy enough with the outcome to share the recipe with you. I did still use eggs, manuka honey instead of sugar and I used rice milk and natural yoghurt instead of cream.


I love Manuka honey here are some of the benefits:

Colds, Cough & Flu Symptoms, Sore Throats
Heartburn, Acid Reflux Disease & Indigestion
Stomach Ulcers
Gum and Periodontal Disease
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) / Constipation / Diarrhoea

 
Recipe:
2 cups organic Self-Raising flour

1 teaspoon baking powder
2/3 cups soda water
2 eggs
2 tablespoons rice milk

1 tablespoon Lemon Rind

3 tablespoon lemon juice

1 tablespoon manuka honey

(I added 1 tablespoon of chia seeds in one batch)
 
Preheat Oven 180*
Combine self-raising flour and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
In a separate bowl use a folk to whisk the eggs, add soda water, rice milk, honey, lemon rind and lemon juice together. Combine liquid ingredients to flour mixture and use a wooden spoon to fold.
Line a baking tray with baking paper and spoon a small amount of the mixture onto the paper.
Cook for 15 minutes.
 


 
 

 
 
Add your favourite toppings.
 
 
 
 
 

 Enjoy :)
 
 

Peace n Love
Jeanette




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please feel free to leave a comment and I will do my best to get back to you as quickly as I can.

Peace n Love